2012 kicks off with issuers optimistic about the future of the card industry but they face persistent revenue challenges. While most card issuers reported better performance than the dismal results of 2010, high unemployment, a protracted recession and an unfriendly regulatory environment persist. Applied technologies offer card issuers options to improve their processes, revitalize their pricing models and navigate regulatory requirements.
Our upcoming webinar on the Top 10 Bank Card Technology Initiatives for 2012 will cover essential requirements for card issuers. The session will review the business drivers and strategic responses deployed by leading card issuers and provide a deep dive into critical technology initiatives.
We will discuss technology solutions including:
- EMV implementation and how card issuers should navigate the confusing environment, where Visa is mandating implementation and MasterCard is hesitating.
- How to create effective pricing options that do not end up as headlines in national newspapers.
- Why you need to keep improving fraud controls and pushing for PCI compliance even though fraud numbers are at record lows.
- Where to place your technology bets for revitalizing card reward programs and diving into “big data”
- What you should expect from mobile payments and how they will affect transaction flow.