CEB Legal Leadership Academy
More than 77% of the general counsel are developing staff to build better relationships with the business.
CEB's Legal Leadership Academy is designed around two, two-day classroom sessions focused on developing key leadership, business partnering, and executive skills. Using a curriculum derived from interviews with General Counsel and best practices research from CEB, the Leadership Academy teaches participants to apply skills and frameworks that enable both the achievement of their client’s desired outcome and compliance with legal regimes. CEB Legal Leadership Academy’s emphasis on active learning methods offers a welcome and refreshing change from typical attorney development experiences and ensures improvement on priorities and development areas important to both participants and their managers.
Develop Staff into Solution-Oriented Business Partners
Leaders look to legal business partners to have a strong understanding of the business, provide preventative and proactive legal advice, uncover client needs to make targeted legal recommendations, and use communication and persuasion techniques to develop collaborative solutions with clients.
Session I: Strengthening Stakeholder Partnerships
- Tailor communications to improve business client relationships
- Create persuasive presentations to drive business partners to action
- Uncover client needs to make targeted legal recommendations
- Use communication and persuasion techniques to develop collaborative solutions with clients
Session II: Increasing Business Acumen
- Provide preventative and proactive legal advice informed by an understanding of the business
- Communicate legal risk and opportunities in the language of the business
- Collaborate with clients to develop solutions to legal risk that support business outcomes
- Prioritize legal projects based on an understanding of business goals
Who Should Attend?
Typical participants are currently serving in, or about to enter, leadership roles that require significant interaction with business stakeholders. They have proven functional proficiency, but as they continue to ascend, need to acquire the broader leadership, business, analytical, and communication skills required for effective strategic partnership.
Sample Titles Include:
- Senior Counsel
- Associate General Counsel
- Assistant General Counsel
- Director of Compliance
- Compliance Manager